Title: Welding Preparation Technician
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: GPT Wheat Ridge
Job Summary & Job Duties
The focus of this role will be to support our MIJ team, with general manufacturing and physical duties. This person will jump between job functions very regularly to best support the production of this product line.
• Bevel, taper bore & sand blast pipe pups
• Support and perform hydro testing of manufactured joints
• Assist with material handling functions (to include crating) using forklift, overhead crane and pallet jacks
• Epoxy filling and serial number engraving
• Order materials and consumables for team
• Assist with product testing, including hydro, pneumatic testing, and electrical testing
• Assist with other product lines as time permits and business levels change
• Adhere to all company and OSHA standards
• Maintain a safe and clean workspace.
● Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
● Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
● Demonstrates self-awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
• General Manufacturing Experience – Preferably running machinery
• Good attendance and punctuality
• Must be able to work unsupervised and ahead of the manufacturing team
Hard to Very Hard Work: Spending time in excess of 8 hours in a stationary position, generally standing. Physical demands may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, positioning self to utilize equipment properly, and lifting and/or transporting items up to 35 pounds.. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Garlock.
Garlock values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.