Title: Welder Fabricator
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: GST Houston
Job Summary & Job Duties
Perform welding tasks in a safe, accurate, and timely manner. Perform any other fabricating processes.
Operate all basic equipment that is part of the Fabrication department.
• Perform all basic preventative maintenance on associated equipment.
• Forklift use to transport/relocate inventory or product.
• Demonstrated understanding of all established Standard Operating Procedures.
• Inspects incoming materials for use in fabricating parts.
• Verifies compliance of materials to blueprint and job specifications. Notifies supervisor if discrepancies occur.
• Refers to blueprints or diagrams in laying out guidelines on the surface of required materials to meet specifications. Utilizes rules, scale squares, scribes and other tools to ensure close tolerances.
• Assembles and welds fabricated materials in compliance with specifications.
• Cleans and grinds metal finished parts to meet specification.
• Maintains welding equipment in safe operating order.
• Performs repairs on minor machine malfunctions. Notifies supervisor of major machine malfunctions.
• Maintains a neat, clean and organized work area.
• Performs all assigned duties in a safe and responsible manner.
• Performs duties as assigned by lead or supervisor.
• Manufacture and fabricate metal products
• Welding of metals to internal work procedures.
• Perform other work-related task as required as assigned
• Blueprint / Drawing reading skills are required.
• Must possess the ability to apply basic math skills, specifically with fractions and decimals.
• Ability to use basic measuring devices such as micrometers and calipers.
• Read and interpret Blueprints / drawings
• Minimum of 3 years of continuous welding work experience is preferred.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Successful completion of basic or advanced welding classes is preferred.
• Solid background working with steel. (Carbon steel, aluminum, stainless steel)
• Ability to drive a forklift
• Ability to lift 25 lbs. https://youtu.be/nK95y8TWpbw
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Garlock values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.