Title: Team Leader
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: STEMCO Longview
Job Summary & Job Duties
Work with Shipping Supervisor to schedule and effectively communicate daily production, manpower, and inventory management requirements to the Shipping team. Assist with cross training departmental functions for all employees. Encourage and guide the personal development of co-workers to strengthen the individual abilities, attributes and confidence of each. Work together with other Shipping Team Leads to ensure that daily metric requirements are met and maintained (Safety, Quality, Production, Delivery, Cost). Provide information to the Shipping Supervisor for Continuous Improvement suggestions/opportunities. Cross train to ensure that Lead can perform multiple Shipping and Receiving positions and functions. Conduct the day-to-day order picking/ receiving/replenishing/shipping activities as associated with assigned duties on specific Shipping Team.Lead and work with other team members to create and maintain a safe, organized, and energetic working environment/culture that meets/exceeds Stemco standards and customer expectations.
● Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization’s safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
● Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
● Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
● Meet Production Demand- Works with the Shipping Supervisor to schedule safety meetings, productions, manpower, material/inventory requirements, training needs, and continuous improvement suggestions, etc.
● Leadership- Ensures a safe work environment while coaching and guiding team to meet Longview’s performance metrics (Safety, Quality, Production, Delivery, and Cost). Promotes positive interactions among team members and encourages individual development. Effectively communicates and enforce adherence to all company policies.
● Communication and Coordination- Effectively conveys information to team members, other team leaders, Supervisors, Plant Manager, Maintenance, Engineering, Materials, Quality and Manufacturing Management.
● Safety, 5-S and Continuous Improvement- Supports and participates in Safety, 5-S and Continuous Improvement teams, quality EMLS programs and improvements. Assist in developing and enforcing standard work practices throughout the Facility. Maintains a clean, organized, and safe working environment.
● Day-to-Day Operational Duties: Perform operations involving safety, quality, production, shipping, receiving, replenishing and material/inventory control objectives, and to ensure the necessary documents are completed as required related to multiple product lines.
● Effectively communicates and maintains a safe, clean and orderly environment. Work in fast paced distribution center environment, meeting or exceeding Longview’s standard metrics and customer requirements/expectations. Have the ability to work well with others and be flexible in job/duty orientation. Work with automated scanners, bar-coding, printing and labeling equipment. Safely operate various materials handling equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
● 2+ years distribution operations management experience in a LEAN environment.
● Basic computer skills
● A passion for employee development and improvement
● Excellent team building skills for diverse groups
● Strong written and verbal communications skills
● An ability to communicate with those at all levels
High School diploma or equivalent
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.