Title: Sr Production Supervisor
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Division: Technetics Semi
Location: TNG SEMI - Daytona
The Senior Production Supervisor oversees a group of employees in a variety of departments to assure the timely and cost-effective manufacturing of high-quality products. These objectives are to be achieved while promoting an environment of employee empowerment, teamwork, and continuous improvement.
• Works with key customers and the Planning department to coordinate production schedules and staffing needs to ensure customer delivery schedules are met.
• Works with key customers to troubleshoot and prevent potential manufacturing challenges.
• Ensures manufacturing metrics are established and being meet through the use of ROPE walks (Remove Obstacles Promote Engagement).
• Works cross functionally to assure the availability of all needed tooling, fixturing, and equipment in support of the production schedules.
• Works cross functionally to problem solve in a timely manner in support of customer deliveries.
• Works with engineering to identify training needs and coordinates training for their departments; in an organized and strategic fashion to ensure minimal impact to customer delivery schedules.
• Works with Business Analysis/IT to problem solve and recommend ERP solutions and/or processes
• Promotes and engages in the process of continuous improvement by means of identifying cost reduction and yield improvement opportunities.
• Manages the payroll, attendance system, and performance standards of direct reports.
• Makes recommendations regarding employee status (hire, termination, transfer)
• Works cross functionally to engage in the early stages of the NPI and product line expansion process for a smooth transition to production, including floor space requirements, staffing, and training.
• Delegates tasks and supports set deadlines.
• Oversee daily inventory cycle counts and year-end inventory.
• Audits job documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Develop and maintains a team environment through safety, excellence, and respect.
• Perform other duties as assigned by their Manager.
• Bachelor’s Degree or 5+ years of directly related manufacturing supervisor experience
• Must be able to read measuring instruments required to check product quality and blueprints with an understanding of GD&T.
• Demonstrated effectiveness as a leader
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Familiarity with business systems (ERP).
• Computer literate, must be familiar with computer systems including, but not limited to, MS Office programs as well as business operating systems.
• Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, facilitation and training skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment across all disciplines.
• Effective written and communication skills.
• Must be analytical and a problem-solver
Prior experience in a manufacturing environment with technical understanding preferred.
Experience with lean principles, project management, variances, and statistics preferred
Formal training and/or certification in related manufacturing area highly preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle and feel, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her Supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.