Title: Sr Buyer
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Department: Supply Chain
Location: GPT Wheat Ridge
Job Summary & Job Duties
The Sr. Buyer is responsible for coordinating the procurement and distribution of materials, parts, equipment, and supplies for the organization. Responsibilities include source selection, procurement functions associated with the company’s needs for indirect materials and services, fixed assets and tooling, and production materials and services.
● Comply with the company 5S standards and safety regulations
● Coordinates all activities related to procurement of a material beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
● Analyzes the requirements of the material, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date material needed.
● Solicits and evaluates proposals for the requested material.
● Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements.
● Advise team members or management on the appropriate supplier to be used.
● Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the material balanced against the optimum quality and scheduling needs.
● Implements purchase contracts that comply with company and government regulations.
● Assures that the material is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
● Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
● Coordinates appropriate methods needed to distribute material in a cost effective manner.
● Responsible for maintaining controls related to Sarbanes-Oxley.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
● Communication- excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate and interact with members of the team.
● Problem solving – must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; appropriately gather and analyze information and apply creative talents to problem-solving.
● Confidentiality - ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive Company and personal information.
● Quality – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality. Detail orientated.
● Adaptability – must be able to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment and manage competing demands in a productive manner.
● Excellent Computer Skills to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Google suite experience preferred.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics/Operations, Engineering or other related field.
● 3-5 years relative experience
● Oracle experience beneficial.
● Understanding of Lean concepts and their application to a supply chain.
● Basic knowledge of statistics and a strong math aptitude.
● Strong project management skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office Position: Ability to perform sedentary work, spending extended periods of time working with a computer. Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Clarity of vision to see near and mid-range. Ability to lift and carry up to 10 lbs.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.