Title: Quality Engineer I
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: GGB Thorofare
Job Summary & Job Duties
Focus on customer response systems, inspection process development and product improvement. Responsible for Quality System Maintenance. Assure compliance with government and industry requirements, such as ISO 9001 and IATF 16949.
• Support new part and product introduction from beginning to PPAP/FAI approval
• Communicate with and assist customers on any quality concerns, opportunities, on-site audits/visits
• Respond to claims: internal / external customers, analyze failures, define and assist in implementing corrective actions
• Facilitate and be flexible in the use of root cause analysis tools for effective problem solving
• Collaborate with Quality Technicians, Engineering and Production on improving inspection processes and procedures
• Support and drive continuous improvement activities to enhance quality/business and lean systems
• Data and statistical analysis
• Perform Business Management System audits: layered audits, manufacturing process and internal audits
• Communicates Effectively: Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Collaborates: Ability to work cross-functionally to achieve demanding, time sensitive objectives
• Manages Complexity: Acquires data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems.
• Plans and Aligns: Breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions.
• Bachelor’s degree in quality or engineering discipline
• Minimum of 2 year’s experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment preferred
• Experience with IATF16949 and/or AS9100 business management systems preferred
• Knowledge of basic quality system tools (SPC, FMEA, control plans, MSA, material certificates, etc)
• Familiar with PPAP, FAI and APQP
GGB is a subsidiary of EnPro, a leading industrial technology company using material science to push boundaries in semiconductor, life sciences, and other technology-enabled sectors. We are a leader in sealing technologies, advanced surface technologies, and highly engineered materials. Our products and services are sold into more than 40 distinct end-markets that touch our lives every day – from food and pharmaceutical facilities to semiconductor clean rooms, from agricultural robots that help grow your food to last-mile technologies that deliver it to your doorstep, from commercial aviation to space exploration, and much more in between. Our commitment to innovation, quality, and value has propelled our brands to wide recognition and leading positions in their markets.
EnPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.