Title: Quality Engineer
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Department: Operations/ Manufacturing
Job Summary & Job Duties
The Quality Engineer is responsible for strategies resulting in cost reduction, profit improvement, elimination of waste, increasing speed of execution, employee satisfaction, customer satisfaction, and for implementing quality strategies to enable Alluxa Inc. to become worldwide leaders in all targeted markets. The Quality Engineer also is responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and improvement of the Business Quality Management System. This includes the ISO 9001 system, interfacing with customers on quality issues, handling external audits, and helping to install a quality system designed to create the highest product and service quality at the lowest cost in the industry.
• Executes Alluxa, Inc. Quality Systems and Processes. Ensures Company Quality targets and KPI objectives are achieved, quality requirements and standards are defined, and a proactive quality philosophy is enhanced
• Aligns QMS for Alluxa Inc. with parent organization Enpro Industries. Uses corporate process in assessment of risks and opportunities
• Maintains a culture of quality and improvement and ensure quality operations meet corporate and company goals. Ensures continual improvement processes are implemented
• Defines and meet RMA targets. Ensure nonconformities are prevented and warranty returns meet targets
• Reduces expenses to necessary levels. Ensure cost of quality targets are defined and met and Cost of Quality results are analyzed monthly for further cost reduction opportunities and waste elimination
• Ensures quality manuals and associated procedures are kept updated and current
• Supports customers through Quality Systems as needed. Provides information to customers on complaints are sent in timely fashion.
• Accomplishes day-to-day activities in Quality Department. Ongoing engagement and collaboration with department personnel is maintained
• Ensues all department information systems, records, reports, and metrics are accurate and generated on time. Ensures processes are documented and required procedures are consistently followed. Interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork, and good communications are demonstrated
• Is a role model for Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Employee Engagement, Company Values and Business Results
• Implements a culture of quality improvement. Deploys & monitors measurable goals to increase quality, lower cost and increase speed of execution
• Conducts management reviews against company goals and objectives supported by advanced data analysis. Management review processes stimulate the right strategic objectives, goals, and action items to be set
• Develops, implements, and monitors measurements for quality systems analysis. Ensures Quality trends are monitored with reaction plans implemented for unacceptable measurements
• Develops and executes a quality training plan that will ensure a continuously learning organization
• Implements MSA for new measuring techniques to ensure measuring capability
• Ensures SPC is used effectively, and key processes are controlled and stabilized
• Accomplishes quality support for groups such as operations, engineering, and marketing with gathering and analyzing data worldwide and that production and administrative departments are supported
• Manages critical process problems through to solution, through teams and task groups as needed
• Supervises and assures the effectiveness of internal and external audit processes. Ensures Internal audit process defines actionable opportunities for improvement through well written nonconformance notes, observations, and OFIs
• Ensures audit findings are “business-wise” and root cause is isolated for all audit findings. Corrective actions are appropriate for the findings and are effectively implemented
• Provides timely responses to the audits from ISO9001 and customers' audit teams are achieved. Ensures ISO 9001 certificate is retained in good standing
• Communicates with customers and suppliers on quality-related issues, including quality audits, and warranty returns to assure highest levels of customer satisfaction. Ensures customers receive corrective actions and evidence prior to due date
• Department takes lead role in managing complaint process, complex quality issues experienced by customers and customer audits
• Develops innovative solutions with suppliers for complex supplier quality issued. Ensures Alluxa Inc. is viewed by customers as a quality benchmark
• Sets a high standard of ethics, professionalism, leadership, regulatory compliance, and competency. Ensures company policy is followed regarding all safety, health and environmental regulations and relevant Company Technology Control Plan, IP, and IT procedures are understood and executed
• Sarbanes-Oxley regulations are met and export compliance is maintained. All other applicable international regulations are met.
• Solve Complex Problems:8D, 5Y, SCARs, RTV
• Make decisions based on data and facts.
• Use Microsoft office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer SharePoint
• Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Manage multiple responsibilities.
• Work independently with minimal direction and/or supervision
• Interact with external customers and vendors
• Work in a fast paced, environment to accomplish challenging goals on time and within budget
• Display a high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness with strong work ethic
• Have excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
• Lead (up and down the organization), create and work within cross functional team environment
• Adapt to changes in priorities and goals
• Maintain superb attention to detail
• Works within an office setting
• Must be able to lift/carry up to 15 lbs.
• Will Sit 80% of time.
• Will Stand 20% of time.
• Close eye work. (100% of time)
• Temperature is moderate within work environment
• B.S. in Engineering or another technical field
• 2-5 years’ of experience in Quality Engineering or Quality Management
• Able to work within Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Email
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE OF:
• Experience with Advanced Quality Management and knowledge of various quality systems, such as ISO 9001, ISO 13485, TS 16949, TL-9000, AS9100, MBNQA, and others
• QMS IT support systems encompassing, ERP, & MES
• Autonomous technology supply base and general supplier quality control attributes for mechanical and electrical components and parts
• Lean/Six Sigma Qualifications
• Mechanical machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
• Calibration methods and techniques
Alluxa is a subsidiary of Enpro, a leading industrial technology company using material science to push boundaries in semiconductor, life sciences, and other technology-enabled sectors. We are a leader in sealing technologies, advanced surface technologies, and highly engineered materials. Our products and services are sold into more than 40 distinct end-markets that touch our lives every day – from food and pharmaceutical facilities to semiconductor clean rooms, from agricultural robots that help grow your food to last-mile technologies that deliver it to your doorstep, from commercial aviation to space exploration, and much more in between. Our commitment to innovation, quality, and value has propelled our brands to wide recognition and leading positions in their markets.
Enpro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Legal authorization to work in the United States is required.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.