Title: Quality Control Technician
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: GGB Thorofare
Shift: Off-shift - position is for 2nd or 3rd shift. (2nd shift: 3:30pm - 11:30pm & 3rd shift: 11:30pm - 7:30am)
Job Summary & Job Duties
• Objective is to provide information and facilitate Quality Control activities that will achieve customer expectations.
• Responsible for overseeing the activities of the Inspection Department which includes but not limited product verification, tool and gage calibration and production tooling inspection using the coordinate measuring machine.
• Maintains inspection schedule as established for the department by sources such as production and prototype activities.
• Maintains the Quality Control Laboratory in a clean, organized manner to eliminate clutter and lack of disorganization.
• Interfaces with customers and suppliers to resolve quality issues insuring conformance to internal and external requirements.
• Provides documentation to internal and external customers relative to product integrity and conformance manufactured at GGB NA.
• Reviews all material certifications supplied by vendors for conformance to purchasing specifications.
• Provides material certifications and SPC data to customers requiring such verification compliance to product requirements.
• Performs in-house testing for cleanliness of production parts when required by customer.
• Selects products for tests at specified stages in production Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
• High School Diploma
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an industrial environment
• Knowledge of basic quality system tools (SPC, FMEA and Control Panels, Measurement Systems, material certifications)
• ISO/TS and/or AIAG PPAP experience
• Demonstrates organizational, analytical, and cross-functional skills
• Strong capabilities with Microsoft Office Platforms
EnPro Industries is a leading provider of engineered industrial products for the processing and general manufacturing industries worldwide. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, the company operates in two segments: Sealing Products and Engineered Products. Divisions in the EnPro family include Garlock, STEMCO, CPI, Technetics Group, and GGB Bearing Technology. We are a leader in sealing technologies, metal polymer and filament wound bearings, components and service for reciprocating compressors, and other solutions that meet the needs of industries worldwide.
EnPro operates manufacturing facilities in North and South America, Europe and Asia; we employ approximately 5,000 people worldwide, and our products are sold to more than 50,000 customers in over 100 countries across the globe. End-users of EnPro’s products include chemical and petrochemical companies, petroleum refiners, pulp and paper companies, food and pharmaceutical companies, truck and trailer manufacturers, freight lines and shipping companies, semiconductor manufacturers, the U.S. Navy, utilities, and municipalities. Our commitment to innovation, quality and value has propelled our brands to wide recognition and leading positions in their markets.
EnPro Industries is an equal opportunity employer. Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. We will not sponsor employment visas now or in the future for this job.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.