Title: Production Technician - Debur
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Division: Technetics Semi
Location: TNG SEMI - Daytona
Job Summary & Job Duties
The following describes in general terms the purpose and scope of the position. Blend and deburrs, grinds, files, or sands surfaces of metal parts.
• Examines surface of metal to detect defects such as dents, scratches, burrs or breaks in metal.
• Prepares surface of part and edges to specified finish.
• Polishes metal surface.
• Inspects own work.
• Scribe parts and then blend to the scribe lines.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Prior use of air tools and measuring instruments is preferred.
• Read and understand internal procedures and policies.
• Understand and follow through on both verbal and written instructions.
• Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Hand – eye coordination.
• Must be able to effectively communicate; talk or hear.
• Repetitive motion of hand and wrist.
• Frequently required to sit; to stoop or kneel; reach with hand and arms.
• Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
• Working conditions are: 100% manufacturing environment.
• Regularly required to work near moving mechanical parts; exposed to vibration of the hand; exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
• Safety glasses (ANSI Z87 compliant) required in all manufacturing areas.
• Safety shoes.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments in accordance with business needs, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential function of the job.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.