JOB SUMMARY: The Process Engineer will provide support to manufacturing in the areas of process development, troubleshooting, control, and change. The ideal candidate will champion continuous improvement in safety, quality, cost, and delivery. They will also participate as a cross-functional team member in pursuing assigned initiatives to a successful and timely conclusion.
● Works directly with Operations and other cross-functional areas to support, develop and/or change production processes to improve quality, cost, and delivery. Production processes include but are not limited to roll-forming, stamping, machining, polishing & finishing, electroplating, welding, spin-forming, additive manufacturing, etc.
● Create and/or modify process control documentation.
● Oversee process change control for respective production area.
● Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished and in process product, establishing process capabilities, establishing standards, and confirming production processes.
● Develop new production processes and implement new or modified equipment.
● Support day to day initiatives such as implementing corrective actions, employee training and certification, quality troubleshooting, process troubleshooting, machine troubleshooting, and safety enhancements.
● Introduce new products to production through conducting initial setups, confirming part quality, creating respective documentation, designing and procuring required tooling and fixtures, and training.
● Communicates with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other company personnel.
● Provides technical expertise and support as required.
● Management of key continuous improvement initiatives and Capital Projects.
● Environmental Reporting and maintenance of plant operator license. ● Management of ISO-14001 compliance.
These additional responsibilities are specific to respective production area of Plating and Surface Finishing.
• Support plating and finishing operations including regulatory compliance, permitting and technical support.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
● Proficiency using Solid Works or similar 3-D modeling software preferred but not required.
● Certified (Class B) waste water Treatment Operator preferred.
● Experience with environmental reporting is a plus.
● Ability to communicate and collaborate well with others.
● Working knowledge of ISO 9000, Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control and Design of Experiments.
● Strong problem solving abilities.
● Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills.
● Demonstrate commitment, dedication, self-motivation and willingness to take full ownership of projects and assigned tasks.
● The desire to strive for continuous improvement and excellence within a fast-paced growth environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Sitting; standing; walking throughout the facility; talking; seeing; hearing; feeling; bending or stooping; squatting or crouching; reaching; kneeling; pushing; pulling; lifting up to 35 lbs. The candidate must wear appropriate/required Personal Protective Equipment, and must be able to work at a desk or in front of a computer for long periods of time. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.