Title: Operations Supervisor/EMLS Leader
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: STEMCO Kaiser
Job Summary & Job Duties
Lead the production team through one or more manufacturing processes, ensuring the safe, timely and efficient production of high quality products. Coach Team Leads to ensure the team operates within budget while still meeting customer & business expectations, ensuring safety, people, quality, delivery and cost (SPQDC) requirements are met. Develops an enthusiastic, motivated and flexible team focused on teamwork and collaboration, driving a safety (1st priority) and quality culture. This role is crucial in driving forward production, promoting a culture of employee empowerment and continuous improvement.
• Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge. Participate in the organization’s safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
• Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues & creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
• Manage, coach and develop a high performing production team through clear and concise objectives, delivering best practices, added value and continuous improvements.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders/customers.
• Identify training needs and coordinates training for the team; in an organized and strategic fashion ensuring flexibility while maintaining a balanced and smooth product flow.
• Manages payroll system, attendance system, and performance standards of direct reports.
• Establishes a safe and productive environment in which employees feel empowered to share their thoughts and suggestions.
• Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the 5 principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
• Set and communicate the highest of expectations of performance. Establish clear, challenging goals that support the company’s mission and goals. Create a climate of accountability while recognizing and rewarding individual and team accomplishments.
• Develop a team technically excellent in problem prevention, quality assurance and creative problem solving through ongoing training, cross-training/job rotation and mentoring.
• With an in-depth understanding of the customers’ expectations, assure that the quality of products and services is never compromised.
• Actively manage departmental gross margins and advance professional development within the department through planning and scheduling, improvement projects and expanded/stretch assignments.
• Facilitate problem solving by ensuring the necessary data and information is always considered in order to obtain the best results.
• Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives, including developing the team on ERP systems.
• Assist the Plant Manager in the development and implementation of operations plan in accordance with the Business Plan Deployment (BPD) and aligning with SPQDC and ROPE process.
• Update the production plan on a regular basis, tracking and communicating status of completion based on established schedules.
• Ensure the team is aware and understands day-to-day/weekly targets and responsibilities. Collaboration with Inventory Coordinator.
• Follow up on roadblocks and production issues, minimizing the impact on schedule, deliveries and product quality (change overs, set ups, etc.)
• Drive process improvements through Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) analysis
• Utilize root cause analysis and other continuous improvement tools to manage corrective actions.
• Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
• Continually monitor employee and team performance to ensure financial metrics are met (optimize efficiency, and minimize variances/discrepancies).
• Ensure that weekly/monthly EMLS & organization reports are generated and uploaded in accordance with requirements. Collaborate with the team on determining annual metric targets.
2 years of college, 5-10 years experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
• 5-10 years in a manufacturing environment, with demonstrable experience as a leader within a production environment.
• Bachelor's or associates degree or equivalent experience preferred
• LEAN certification preferred. (EnPro Certification, Green Belt, Black Belt, Practitioner, etc.)
• Understanding of production costs that include waste, downtime, scrap and re-work
• Strong working knowledge of ISO9001:2015
• Knowledge of EnPro Health & Safety responsibilities
• Strategic Planning experience preferred- Experience with project management, variances, and statistics preferred - Must be analytical and problem-solving.
• Familiarity with ERP business systems is essential - candidate must be able to complete basic activities using such systems.
• A passion for employee development and improvement - Ability to work in a team environment across all disciplines.
• Excellent leadership and Team Building Skills for diverse groups are essential
• Effective written and verbal communications skills and ability to communicate with those at all levels
• Moderate to heavy physical effort moves/lifts heavy equipment/supplies
• Prolonged extensive, or considerable standing/walking
• Lifts supplies equipment up to 35 pounds
• Pushes/pulls or moves/lifts heavy equipment and supplies
• Manual dexterity and mobility
• Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
• Moderate exposure to warm temperature and humidity variations throughout the year.
It is the policy of STEMCO to provide equal employment opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age veteran status or qualified disability.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.