Title: Operations Supervisor
Location: CPI Alberta Canada
Job Summary & Job Duties
Position Title: Medicine Hat Operations Supervisor/ Shop Lead Department: Operations
Reports To: Regional Manager, Western Canada
Purpose: This position is a working lead- hand machinist position with operational supervisory responsibility driving continuous improvement, achievement of operational KPI’s in full-service machine shop specializing in natural gas compression.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Operate manual machining equipment with excellence; ability to coach/train junior machinists
• Ensure that work orders received are effectively managed using available resources for timely and accurate job completion including cross-training, material management, and work set-up
• Ensuring all service centre work orders are completed in accordance with current engineering and quality control standards
• Uses engineering core principles along with tools like computer-aided design, and product lifecycle management ensure LEAN activity is in place for all service centre work progression
• Develop and review all processes and instructions to ensure accuracy and conformance to actual procedures; revise as needed.
• Recognize and resolve process related difficulties with current and future projects, work to ensure appropriate actions are put in place
• Attend all capacity and backlog meetings and coordinate where needed
• Ensures optimal workflow and operational excellence through service centre
• Backs up other team members when workload or absence deems it necessary; training and sharing skills and knowledge to support team learning approach
• Effective communication of all operational goals and the status thereof on an ongoing basis to all site personnel; ensure all decisions and activities drive the delivery of these goals
• Ensures highest quality and customer service standards, compliance with operational policies and procedures
• Participation in broader western Canada operational projects and deliverables
• Ensure proper preventative and routine maintenance planning of shop equipment
• Keeps management informed to major developments, progress and problems in the overall business
• Works to achieve all safety KPI’s in collaborative open work culture; completion of all safety opportunities/investigations, and required documentation; ensures that corrective measures are in place
• Adheres to Alberta employment standards and OH&S and environmental legislation
• Respects the opinions and rights of all co-workers and customers
• Ensure employees follow Code of Conduct and all HR related policies and procedures; participates in the investigation and resolution of personnel allegations or issues
• Notifies appropriate management about changing conditions in areas of assigned responsibilities, takes action to mitigate any loss on a priority basis
Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to work independently with strong Team acumen
• Must be able to use complex equipment requiring continuous attention.
• Analytical skills
• Developed judgment skills
• Solution broker
• Ability to coordinate required tasks on own initiative
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
• Ability to multitask
• Team player with positive attitude and excellent interpersonal & customer service skills
• Communicate effectively in English (written and verbal)
• Ability to initiate and complete projects within a specific timeframe
• Must be able to make skilled decisions
• Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) oriented
• Willing to work flexible hours and additional work hours during peaks times
• P Eng designation or intent to complete, or
• JM Machinist with Natural Gas Compression expertise
• A minimum of 5+ years of experience in a natural gas compression service or manufacturing environment.
• Review scale drawings to ensure the proposed designs satisfy requirements and comply with manufacturing capabilities.
• Ability to take precise measurements using specialized equipment and techniques.
• Collect data and develop statistics to describe equipment and system functionality. Estimate durations of development, fabrication, construction, and repair tasks.
• Determine which materials and equipment to use for projects and decide the appropriate codes and standards to apply when completing these projects.
• Interact with others such as supervisors or managers for advice and direction, to discuss work and provide updates.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and CAD applications. Experience with the use of statistical analysis software and computer-assisted design, manufacturing, and machining i.e. Microsoft Office, including Project, AutoCAD, SolidWorks.
• All required & company specified HSE tickets
Working Conditions: generally works in an office and shop environment, field work may be required.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.