JOB SUMMARY: The Operations Manager is responsible for management of the production and operations support staff, and adherence to manufacturing processes and procedures in order to achieve customer requirements and the company goals and objectives. Manage the efficient planning, scheduling, and control of the day to day production operations in order to optimize productivity, efficiency, and quality with a focus on systems and process improvement. Work closely with senior management to develop and make recommendations for the short and long range objectives of the site and drive a culture that promotes collaboration, a safe working environment, a commitment to excellence, continuous improvement, and production efficiency.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Operations Manager must be able to meet and maintain company guidelines by performing the following essential job functions:
● Plan and coordinate manufacturing operations to ensure efficient utilization of facilities, equipment and personnel. This includes but is not limited to:
○ MRP scheduling, and shop floor control
○ Quotation and PO reviews and lead time assignment and management
○ Management of suppliers, inventory levels and inventory turns
○ Efficient coordination of Shipping and Receiving functions
● Ensures daily, weekly, and monthly production goals (safety, quality, schedule, and cost) are achieved
● Collaborates with cross functional teams for the establishment of forecasts, strategic positions and plans for markets, regions, specific customers and products
● Responsible for compliance with the Quality Management System, meeting customer requirements, and complying with all quality and engineering drawings, procedures, and documents. Supports development of, and adherence to, manufacturing and equipment standard work processes
● Establish and maintain all operations programs, procedures and controls ensuring that products and services conform to company and customer standards of excellence. Promote, educate, and train the operations and production team to instill a culture of waste identification and elimination throughout all manufacturing operations and processes
● Provide support and product line leadership for the Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) and ROPE processes utilizing appropriate methodologies and ensure timely completion of outstanding actions
● Communicate quality standards, requirements, and expectations to employees, suppliers and customers. Drive operations team engagement in the DMAIC, Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen, and RCCA processes. Provide leadership for the Technetics DeLand Continuous Improvement processes and teams.
● Ensure communication and compliance with the Technetics Quality Policy, and internal and external standards. Build and maintain a safety and quality driven culture and adherence to the AS9100 quality standard
● Selects, trains, develops, empowers and mentors team members. Provides leadership, coaching, and individual development planning for the Operations team. Proactively support team performance and drive accountability for assigned job responsibilities, documentation, in-process inspection and accurate labor transactions
● Responsible for Continuous Improvement projects to improve the efficiency of the manufacturing processes, key performance metrics, cost of non-conformance, and overall cost savings. Implement SPQDC displays and visual factory feedback of daily performance metrics
● Participates in FMEA, APQP, PPAP, Risk Mitigation, Kaizen, Process Control Plans, ROPE walks, and problem solving projects. Monitor, control and improve process capabilities (Cp and Cpk) with support from the engineering and quality functions
● Manage contractual activities by identifying and assessing risk and lead times. Support the quotation and purchase order entry processes to ensure and execute flow-down of technical requirements to achieve customer expectations
● Work closely with quality, engineering, inside sales, and supply chain management to support the accuracy and continuous improvement of the MRP database and system operations to optimize the quotation, planning, scheduling, lead-time planning, inventory management, and technical and customer flow-downs
● Establish and maintain contact with professional societies and educational institutions by review of applicable publications, articles and abstracts to stay abreast of pertinent technical developments. Continually improve technical knowledge of product portfolio
● Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies
● Lead and participate regular production meetings and cross functional discussions related to product safety, quality and delivery
● Performs any other assigned duty as directed by management.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Master’s Degree in Engineering or Business a plus
● Experience and Expertise in quality management systems structure, problem solving tools, and requirements. Six Sigma Black Belt / Green Belt and ASQ certification preferred
● In depth knowledge of ISO9001:2008 and AS9100 and significant experience within aerospace manufacturing is essential.
● Must possess basic personal computer skills including Microsoft Office products, and knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and operation
● Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, statistical inferences and general business accounting
● Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical specifications, common business documents, and industry publications. Ability to respond effectively to inquiry or complaints from manufacturing personnel. Ability to write reports or procedures; and effectively present information to management, customers, vendors and employees
● Ability to work with principles of logical or scientific thinking to a limited range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in their basic form
● Leadership experience, including new product and equipment design and transition to manufacturing and product realization
● Understands and demonstrates the principles of servant leadership in team based manufacturing environment
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has responsibility for 50+ direct reports.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle and feel material, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.