Title: Operations/EMLS Working Team Lead
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: STEMCO Kaiser
Job Summary & Job Duties
Serve as a dynamic Team Leader for Operations and the EnPro Management Learning Systems (EMLS) at the STEMCO facility in Millington, MI. Drive a culture in which the focus is on utilizing continuous improvement and EMLS/lean manufacturing tools, while working in a production function each day directly or indirectly.
The working team lead’s primary responsibility is meeting their individual and departmental production metrics, serving as a coach and mentor for their colleagues and ensuring daily planning is executed and sustained. Continuously seeks out and implements productivity improvements.
● Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization’s safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
● Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
● Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the 5 principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
● Perform analysis of improvement opportunities, coach, mentor, train and develop Lean thinking disciplines within the Department. Create an atmosphere of learning and continuous improvement activities.
● Work with ROPE Teams to identify opportunities for improvement related to all aspects of the business including: 5S, Waste Elimination, Inventory Management and SPQDC.
● Leads the department in promoting safety (1st priority), meeting customer expectations & achieving production performance metrics by adhering to lean methodologies, developing team members, and effectively communicating with other business functions within the organization.
● Maintain and continuously improve the safety culture within all aspects of the Department. Drive for zero injuries at our facility.
● Understand monthly financials and the direct impact on Plant financial goals.
● Collaborate with Operations Supervisor on all departmental activities and concerns.
● Meet production demand, schedule & lead departmental/start up meetings, manage manpower and material/inventory requirements, and support the kanban manufacturing model.
● Promote positive interactions among team members and encourage individual development. Engage in communication that supports and promotes community building/ productive dialog between the shifts.
● Communicate and support the enforcement and adherence to company policies.
● Effectively communicate information to the team, other leads, and supervisors. Communicate Leaderships directions to colleagues regarding defined metrics and daily requirements to ensure that each department maintains or exceeds these metrics/requirements.
● Supports kaizen events and cost reduction activities. Champions 5-S and productivity improvements through innovation. Assists in developing and enforcing standard work practices.
High School or GED
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
● Financial Acumen: Solid understanding of how business improvements affect bottom line results.
● Familiarization with lean tools, 5S, Waste elimination, Inventory Management, and SPQDC.
● Ability to transfer knowledge & interact with teams of diverse personalities. Excellent communication skills and the ability to recognize coaching/mentoring opportunities.
● 1-2 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
● Ability to read micrometers and calipers
● Ability to read and understand prints
● Moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 35 lbs)
● High activity level including standing, walking and lifting.
● Manual dexterity and mobility
● Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
● Work within a manufacturing environment that is not air conditioned. Seasonal temperatures/humidity can exceed 80°+ Vision Requirements:
● Near Acuity: See clearly at ≤ 20 inches
● Depth Perception: Judge distance & space relationships
● Field of Vision: See peripherally
● Accommodation: Adjust vision to bring objects into focus.
● Color Vision: Distinguish and identify different colors.
It is the policy of STEMCO to provide equal employment opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age veteran status or qualified disability.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.