Title: Lubrication Technician / Sales Representative
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: CPI Canada, Edmonton
Job Summary & Job Duties
Manage lubricant delivery, storage and distribution for divider block full-service compressor lubrication system, in shop & field operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for field & shop operation and maintenance of force feed divider, centralized block lubrication system, re-lubrication and/or inspection.
• Maintain lube pumps for lubrication systems, including high pressure applications, divider block, pressure testing & system flow monitors
• Responsible for checking and testing leaking Check Valves and installation
• Properly change and/or top the oil in divider block lubrication system found in gas compression plants/field locations
• Use system techniques to select lubricants with the proper base oil and additive system for divider block lubrication system found in compression plants/field locations
• Use system techniques to select grease lubricants appropriate for divider block lubrication system found in compression plants/field locations
• Use system techniques to select grease application methods (including automated delivery) that are least intrusive and most effective for divider block lubrication system found in compression plants/field locations
• Use system techniques to estimate re-grease volume and interval for divider block lubrication system operated in compression plants/field locations
• Properly maintain divider block lubrication system
• Set up, repair and design lubrication systems in shop and in the Field.
• Removal of old lubrication systems.
• Pressure testing of customer lube system and to determine if problem exists
• Employ basic oil analysis techniques to identify and troubleshoot abnormal lubricant degradation conditions, and use simple techniques to adjust the lubricant specification accordingly.
• Prepare the customer work order; listen to the customer and ask any relevant questions that would assist in diagnosing the problem.
• Ensure all necessary paperwork is filled in correctly, and parts are signed out to correct orders and inventory levels are up to date.
• Maintain equipment such as lube testing benches/ lube truck/ tooling and air compressor.
• Maintain clean and safe working surroundings in shop and in field
• Calibration of Gas Monitor.
• Follow health and safety rules and regulations and company Policies and Procedures.
• Conduct work site inspections as requested.
• Follow all Customer Policies and Procedures
• Use of hand tools such as wrenches, hammers, and tubing bender, measuring equipment, cutter, drills, punches and air tools
• Other duties as assigned
• Answer telephones in a professional and positive manner in line with the CPI Phone Etiquette procedure
• Ability to work independently
• Must have strong knowledge of:
o Maintenance Strategy – preventative & predictive
o Lubrication Theory
o Lubricants – selection & application
o Lube condition control
o Lube Storage & Management
o Oil Sampling
o Wear Debris Monitoring and Analysis
• Analytical skills
• Developed judgment skills
• Solution broker
• Ability to coordinate required tasks on own initiative
• Ability to work under minimal supervision in shop and field conditions
• Ability to multitask
• Team player with positive attitude and good interpersonal skills
• Communicate effectively in English (written and verbal)
• Ability to initiate and complete projects within a specific time frame
• Must be able to make decisions under field/plant conditions
• Must be able to follow routine procedures
• Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) orientated
• 5+ years of experience as a machinist/millwright or heavy duty compressor tech – Journeyman ticket(s) an asset
• 2+ years shop/field service lubrication experience
• Valid driver’s license
• High school diploma or GED
• Completion of a four-year apprenticeship program – Machinist/Millwright or a combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in machining and/or Field Service Lubrication Technician.
• All required & company specified HSE tickets
Working Conditions: generally works in a field and shop environments. Some overtime may be required during peak periods.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.