Title: Metallurgical Lab Technician
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Division: Technetics Group
Location: TNG Daytona
The Metallurgical Lab Technician will be involved in the preparation of mounted weld and heat treat samples including cutting, grinding, mounting, etching, and polishing
Education and/or Experience:
Qualifications (upon completion of 90-day evaluation period) Employee must demonstrate the following:
• Ability to Interpret and follow technical specifications
• Ability to follow technical process in a production laboratory environment
• Preparation of mounted weld and heat treat samples including cutting, grinding, mounting, etching, and Polishing
• Complete Microscopic metallurgical analysis of weld samples
• Complete Microhardness testing
• Familiar with AMS 2750 Pyrometry Specification
• Familiar furnace and vacuum equipment
• Familiar with some metallurgy
• Ability to follow work instructions and Company Policies & Procedures
• Engagement in learning and work activities (ex. asks questions; offers suggestions for improvements; asks for further instruction upon completion of assigned tasks)
• Ability to recognize problems and either takes initiative to resolve them, or escalates them to appropriate resource
• A positive demeanor, a willingness to help others, and team player attitude
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
May require a majority of the workday to be spent in a clean room wearing a total body suit, including gloves, boots, head and face cover.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Technetics Semi is a subsidiary of EnPro, a leading industrial technology company using material science to push boundaries in semiconductor, life sciences, and other technology-enabled sectors. We are a leader in sealing technologies, advanced surface technologies, and highly engineered materials. Our products and services are sold into more than 40 distinct end-markets that touch our lives every day – from food and pharmaceutical facilities to semiconductor clean rooms, from agricultural robots that help grow your food to last-mile technologies that deliver it to your doorstep, from commercial aviation to space exploration, and much more in between. Our commitment to innovation, quality, and value has propelled our brands to wide recognition and leading positions in their markets.
EnPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.