Title: Metallurgical Lab Technician
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Division: Technetics Group
Location: TNG Daytona
Qualifications (upon hire)
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
• High School Diploma or GED is required
Other Skills and Abilities
• Relevant job experience preferred
Qualifications (upon completion of 90-day evaluation period)
Employee must demonstrate the following:
• Ability to Interpret and follow technical specifications
• Ability to follow technical process in a production laboratory environment
• Preparation of mounted weld and heat treat samples including cutting, grinding, mounting, etching, and Polishing
• Complete Microscopic metallurgical analysis of weld samples
• Complete Microhardness testing
• Familiar with AMS 2750 Pyrometry Specification
• Familiar furnace and vacuum equipment
• Familiar with some metallurgy
• Ability to follow work instructions and Company Policies & Procedures
• Engagement in learning and work activities (ex. asks questions; offers suggestions for improvements; asks for further instruction upon completion of assigned tasks)
• Ability to recognize problems and either takes initiative to resolve them, or escalates them to appropriate resource
• A positive demeanor, a willingness to help others, and team player attitude
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
May require a majority of the workday to be spent in a clean room wearing a total body suit, including gloves, boots, head and face cover.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.