Title: Material Handler
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Department: Supply Chain
Location: CPI Stafford
Job Summary & Job Duties
The material handler is responsible for the receiving, preparing, distribution, inventory management, and shipping of products and materials.
• Various saw related responsibilities including:
o Setup and run various metal cutting saws and support equipment within specification.
o Distribute raw materials to cells following a production schedule.
o Allocate and transact material accurately using a computer.
o Maintain an accurate inventory of materials and supplies in the cell.
• Various shipping related responsibilities:
o Packaging parts and orders for shipping.
o Support pickup & deliveries with carriers during shift.
o Any other activities as required by supervisor.
• Various warehouse inventory related responsibilities including:
o Cycle counts.
o Annual physical inventory counts.
o Allocating raw materials and items for production.
o Inventory discrepancy resolution.
• Utilize pallet jacks, forklifts, and overhead cranes to move materials
• Maintaining a safe, clean, and hazard free work area
• Comply with all OSHA and company safety practices and regulations
• Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
• Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
• Demonstrates self-awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
• Drives results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
• Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and touch challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
• Optimizes work processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
• Being resilient – Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
• High School Diploma or GED
• 2+ years’ experience with operating material handling equipment and logistics
• Excellent organizational, communication, and PC skills.
• Previous experience with forklifts, pallet jacks, and overhead cranes.
• Ability to work independently and with minimal direction or supervision
• Commitment to work safely in all aspects of the position
• Ability to work extended or modified shift hours determined by supervisor.
Hard to Very Hard Work: Spending time in excess of 8 hours in a stationary position, generally standing. Physical demands may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, repetitive motions, positioning self to utilize equipment properly, and lifting and/or transporting items up to 35 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at CPI.
All CPI employees are required to wear face masks and take their temperature prior to entering the facility
Compressor Products International is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.