Title: Machinist II
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Job Summary & Job Duties
The machinist uses traditional and CNC machine tools such as saws, drills, lathes, and mills to produce precision parts from print for equipment, instruments, and tools. Will repair or produce parts using both manual and automated equipment with precise measurements.
• Effectively operate and maintain machine tools and equipment.
• Read and interpret sketches, drawings, instructions, manuals, specifications or sample parts to ensure accurate production.
• Take precise measurements using calipers, micrometers, indicators, gauge pins and blocks.
• Selects appropriate machine and settings for a given task.
• Plans proper setup and sequence of tasks to complete the assignment.
• Monitors production, adjusting feed and other settings as necessary.
• Checks output for quality assurance and documents or discards defects.
• Identifies need for and performs machine maintenance and minor repairs.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
• Maintains a safe and clean work area.
• Adhere to company safety standards and expectations.
• Work in a teamwork environment within a fast-paced manufacturing organization.
• Follow and document written procedures.
• Accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
• Additional duties as needed.
• High School diploma or equivalent required and 3+ years machinist experience.
• Experience working with machine tools or mechanical assembly.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word; Excel).
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Work with a high degree of accuracy; high attention to detail.
• Completed a vocational training program or an apprenticeship.
• Possesses above average mathematical and analytical skills.
• Excellent coordination and mechanical skills.
• Understand technical specifications and units.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally with other departments.
• Work within a manufacturing environment.
• Will sit 10% of time / stand 90% of time.
• Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
• Clarity of vision to see near and mid-range.
• While performing duties of this job, this role will regularly be required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms.
• Temperature is moderate within work environment.
• The noise level in the manufacturing environment is moderate, but occasionally can be loud.
• Alluxa is a technology company that provides specialized optical filters and thin-film precision coatings for the most challenging applications in the industrial technology, life sciences, and semiconductor markets. The company’s products are developed through a proprietary coating process using state-of-the-art, advanced equipment. Alluxa partners with customers across major end markets to provide customized, complex precision coating solutions through Alluxa’s specialized technology platform and proprietary processes.
• Learn more about Alluxa: https://www.alluxa.com/why-alluxa/
• Alluxa is a subsidiary of Enpro, a leading industrial technology company using material science to push boundaries in semiconductor, life sciences, and other technology-enabled sectors. We are a leader in sealing technologies, advanced surface technologies, and highly engineered materials. Our products and services are sold into more than 40 distinct end-markets that touch our lives every day – from food and pharmaceutical facilities to semiconductor clean rooms, from agricultural robots that help grow your food to last-mile technologies that deliver it to your doorstep, from commercial aviation to space exploration, and much more in between. Our commitment to innovation, quality, and value has propelled our brands to wide recognition and leading positions in their markets.
• We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Legal authorization to work in the United States is required.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.