Title: Machine Shop / Production Planner
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Division: Technetics Semi
Location: TNG SEMI - Daytona
Job Summary & Job Duties
Responsible for assisting the Supervisor to ensure smooth operations throughout the production throughout all aspects of the processes, policies, and production.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following.
• Supports distribution of job travelers to the production floor
• Works cross functionally to provide accurate cost models to determined make or buy decisions on new product opportunities.
• Develops, validates and keeps current standard cost within company ERP systems for all Machine Shop products
• Follow up, in a timely manner, with all teams to expedite flow of material and travelers to meet production schedule and customer expectations
• Works with engineering and programming to maintain accurate job travelers.
• Ensures all assigned projects are accompanied by necessary documentation.
• Reviews daily progress of dispatch priorities.
• Coordinates priority requests from production/engineering/Inside sales
• Coordinates workflow between facilities.
• Works with the Supervisor to coordinate production scheduling and recommendations for staffing needs to ensure customer delivery schedules are met.
• Documents and develops continuous improvement opportunities to support the teams on the shop floor, while driving cost reductions and machine efficiencies
• Assures sufficient back up tooling is readily available within our tool management systems.
• Performs inventory cycle counts and works with Inventory Control Personal to make proper adjustments as required.
• Works with Supervisor to update and maintain the Machine Shop Manual.
• Works with Engineering to ensure BOM’s and Routers match the actual manufacturing times and processes on the shop floor
• Leads and facilitates R.O.P.E (Remove Obstacles & Promotes Engagement) meetings and schedule.
• Releases and requests Purchases Orders to supplies as needed to support production schedule.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Years of Experience
• 3+ years experience
Other Skills and Abilities
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to interact with all levels of staff and suppliers
• Demonstrated experience in multitasking, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
• Must be analytical and problem-solving
• Experience with ERP systems
• Previous work experience in a Machine Shop manufacturing environment is a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle and feel material, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her Supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.