Title: Logistics Specialist II
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: STEMCO Longview
Job Summary & Job Duties
The Logistics/Exports Specialist is responsible for analysis of routed shipments. This role serves as a key contributor to the coordination of shipping activities with customer, internal customer service, DC operation and factories. There will be a high level of interaction with customers both internal and external to the DC operation requiring crisp and accurate communication. This position will also troubleshoot carrier and delivery performance issues and set up. This position will help with all Export documents to help minimize cost, risk and improved delivery performance. Role will help support Shipping/Receiving to ensure customers’ orders are fulfilled. Position will be the liaison to the Customer service to ensure timely answers to help satisfy our customer’s needs. At times, this role will be required to fill in for the Shipping and Receiving lead role and potentially fill in as needed on the Shipping dock.
● Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization’s safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
● Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
● Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
● Negotiating/Challenging rates with Transportation companies
● Monitoring delivery performance and alerting appropriate parties when discrepancies in expected delivery are occurring
● Reviewing order book and building multi-stop shipments when appropriate
● Reviewing outbound orders to ensure full truckloads are utilized whenever possible
● Assist with Export paperwork
● Providing hands on troubleshooting when there are WMS/TMS glitches or errant interfaces
● Mentoring other team members on how to route, transact and use the WMS/TMS system
● Providing strong, crisp communication to customers, carriers, brokers, customer service, and management.
● Providing support to the Stemco’s other facilities as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
● Warehouse Management System knowledge
● Transportation Management System knowledge
● Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
● Export Knowledge
● Self-Management skills
● General knowledge of the internal functions of the DC as well knowledge of the external functions of the DC and Logistics
● Strong communication skills
● Positive attitude
High School degree or equivalent and 2+ years experience.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.