Title: Logistics Manager
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Department: Supply Chain
Location: GPT Wheat Ridge
Job Summary & Job Duties
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for the daily logistics operations. This includes overseeing the functions of shipping, receiving, inventory, transportation, and warehouse business activities while effectively communicating and promoting GPT’s continuous improvement culture and core values of Safety, Respect and Excellence.
• Directly supervises employees within the logistics and warehouse team
• Develops and maintains monthly reporting and metrics to ensure team performance to targeted levels
• Identifies and implements improvements and automation to logistics processes and warehouse layout
• Handles critical shipping and receiving issues and communicates resolutions with customers, vendors, carries, and all involved parties
• Manages relationships with key customers and 3rd party vendors
• Oversight of all department expenses
• Investigate and resolve any shipping related customer complaints
• Responsible for compliance with the federal state and local import/export and warehouse regulations (American Export/Trade Compliance Systems)
• Provides training and support to Customer Service and other departments regarding logistics common practices
• Supervise air and ocean freight forwarders, transportation providers, reverse logistics operations, and supports Transportation Council
• Maintaining a safe, clean, and hazard free work area
• Comply with all OSHA and company safety practices and regulations
• Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
• Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
• Demonstrates self-awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
• Drives results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
• Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and touch challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
• Optimizes work processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
• Being resilient – Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
• Bachelors’ degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or a similar field or 5 years of combined relevant experience in lieu of a degree
• 5+ years’ experience with operating material handling equipment and logistics
• Previous supervisory experience a plus
• Excellent organizational, communication, and PC skills. Including logistics reporting and accuracy with counting and use of bar-coding equipment.
• Ability to work independently and with minimal direction or supervision
• Commitment to work safely in all aspects of the position
Light to Medium Work: Spending extended periods in a stationary position, both sitting and standing. Physical demands may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, positioning self to utilize equipment properly, and lifting and/or transporting items up to 35 pounds.
Pay Range: $65,000 - $75,000
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at GPT.
GPT values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.