Title: IT Technical Support Intern
Division: Enpro Corporate
Department: Information Technology
Job Summary & Job Duties
The Help Desk support role will provide services/support over the telephone. This is a full time, 40 hour per week position, remote support.
Strong customer service skills, willingness to learn and grow, and a sense of urgency and accountability are all requirements for this role.
• Responsible for receiving and supporting incoming contacts for all Requests and Incidents via telephone and e-mail. This includes, but is not limited to, documenting all required information within the internal ticketing system.
• Must be able to troubleshoot and resolve reported Incidents and Requests via telephone and e-mail, when appropriate.
• Must be able to transfer Incidents and Requests to appropriate Level 2 teams when they cannot be resolved or fulfilled via telephone and e-mail.
• Responsible for communicating the status of tickets when the users reach out for updates.
• Responsible for reporting discrepancies with knowledge base articles and FAQ resources to ensure they remain current.
• Must be a self-driven, motivated individual that can be successful in an environment with minimal direct IT supervision.
• Must have and be able to maintain scheduling flexibility as coverage requires.
Position Contribution Level:
Education & Experience:
High School Diploma and Currently Pursuing a Degree in Information Technology (or recently completed)
Knowledge & Skills
• Must have demonstrated experience in and a fundamental understanding of basic networking, hardware, and software troubleshooting.
• Must have a customer focused attitude that highlights a desire to provide outstanding services and support to a fast-paced business environment.
• Must have the ability to form strong customer relationships.
• Must have strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Must be able to successfully assess situations and respond proactively through the effective use of time management.
Enpro is a leading industrial technology company using material science to push boundaries in semiconductor, life sciences, and other technology-enabled sectors. We are a leader in sealing technologies, advanced surface technologies, and highly engineered materials. Our products and services are sold into more than 40 distinct end-markets that touch our lives every day – from food and pharmaceutical facilities to semiconductor clean rooms, from agricultural robots that help grow your food to last-mile technologies that deliver it to your doorstep, from commercial aviation to space exploration, and much more in between. Our commitment to innovation, quality, and value has propelled our brands to wide recognition and leading positions in their markets.
Enpro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.