Title: Inventory Control Coordinator
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: STEMCO Kaiser
Job Summary & Job Duties
In close partnership with Operations Team, this position is responsible for ensuring products can be manufactured and shipped to meet customer requirements and specifications, while meeting On-Time Delivery (OTD) expectations. Assists in the analysis and planning of material requirements through production planning inputs, determining the quantity and date materials are needed to ensure optimal inventory levels.
The Inventory Control must be able to perform the following essential job functions:
• Coordinate the production plan in accordance with customer demand/requirements, operational requirements and STEMCO’s commitment to safety, quality, cost and delivery.
• Utilize and apply Material Requirements planning (MRP) principles and processes to translate customer demand into production and raw material requirements, and supply orders.
• Understand and make recommendations and implement stocking strategies (Kanban, MRP) to satisfy customer demand and target inventory levels.
• Process cycle count reports, exception reports, negative inventory and other reports as needed
• Maintain effective communication with all levels of the organization to assist with the flow of materials and update production status
• Actively participate in meetings to discuss open issues and production order dates/status which may impact OTD
• Create Work Orders as needed
• Release blanket PO’s from vendors
• Create/Update/Reset pull tags, review and analyze Kanban levels
• Lead annual Physical Inventory process and the ongoing cycle count process.
• Research, problem solve and recommend corrective actions for inventory discrepancies. Make inventory adjustments as necessary.
• Work with cross functional teams to resolve necessary steps involved with Customer Returns.
• Backup for administering purchase orders for outside services and supplies required for production. Including expediting of part/material deliveries to meet changing production demands
● High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or related field preferred.
● Minimum (2) + years of experience in Logistics role within a manufacturing setting. Will consider education/certification in lieu of on-the-job experience.
● Must possess knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
● Experience in Lean manufacturing, quality management systems, problem solving tools.
● Knowledge of ISO9001:2015 preferred.
● Ability to communicate, train and create SOP documentation to effectively present information to team members, management, customers, and suppliers.
● Strong problem solving, communication, and organizational skills required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; occasionally will use hands to handle and feel material, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is customarily to that of an office setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of STEMCO to provide equal employment opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age veteran status or qualified disability.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.