Title: Inventory Clerk
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Department: Supply Chain
Location: GPT Wheat Ridge
Job Summary & Job Duties
The Inventory Clerk is responsible for handling inventory records and reports.
• Compiles and maintain records of quantity, type, and value of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies stocked in establishment: Counts material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies in stock and posts totals to inventory records, manually or using computer.
• Compares inventories to office records or computes figures from records, such as sales orders, production records, or purchase invoices to obtain current inventory.
• Verifies clerical computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors in computations or count or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies.
• Compiles information on receipt or disbursement of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies, and computes inventory balance, price, and cost.
• Prepares reports, such as inventory balance, price lists, and shortages.
• Prepares lists of depleted items and recommends survey of defective or unusable items.
• May operate office machines, such as a typewriter or calculator
• May stock and issue materials or merchandise
• Adhere to all company and OSHA standards
• Maintain a safe and clean work space.
● Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
● Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
● Demonstrates self-awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
• Inventory Control experience
• Excellent communication & organizational skills
• Strong computer skills
• Knowledge of cycle counting and discrepancy resolution
Light to Medium Work: Spending extended periods in a stationary position, both sitting and standing. Physical demands may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, positioning self to utilize equipment properly, and lifting and/or transporting items up to 35 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Garlock.
Garlock values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.