As the Human Resources Director, you will partner with senior leaders to design, develop and implement effective people strategies to shape and establish business plans and long-range goals. In connection with HR team and business support areas, this role develops and implements initiatives and strategies instrumental in the growth of the business, operational efficiencies and talent retention. This position will manage one direct report. Other duties as assigned.
• Collaborate with senior leadership to develop HR strategies and initiatives that support business objectives and manage risk
• Focuses on People Development and creates a culture of career growth and achieving full potential.
• Creates Retention strategies to Keep our Best Talent, plans to reduce turnover and ensures succession plans in place for key accounts and key talent
• Ensures engagement plans are in place and diversity and inclusion is prioritized. Promotes a respectful culture, treating each other and those we interact with, with kindness and respect.
• Maximizes labor productivity and mitigates risk. Keep management informed of new developments and/or changes in Federal and/or State employment laws.
• Creates Innovative approaches and looks through a fresh lens to evolve people practices.
• Responsible for organizational development and performance management that improves productivity, streamlines administration and enables best practices to be transferred through the organization.
• Ensures meaningful analytics are in place to drive business results and uses data to influence outcomes. Identifies any technological impact on business processes to ensure maximum advantage in enabling process analysis, decision making and reporting.
• Align HR policies, practices, and systems to support the Company’s priorities and strategic objectives
• Oversee the management of the recruitment and hiring process, including employee life cycle events.
• Oversee the annual employee health insurance open enrollment process with agents/brokers; prepare information for management to review and recommend changes to assist with insurance renewal decisions.
• Coordinate ongoing activities with insurance brokers, insurance carriers, 401(k) administrators/consultants and other outside resources. Represent employees with one-off requests and/or issues with outside vendors. Troubleshoot to resolve issues in timely manner.
• Oversee the 401(k) program; its administration and annual testing.
• Oversee the administration and management of the Stock Option process i.e. ongoing record keeping; coordination with CEO on new option grants and the approval process via Board meetings; meet with employees to provide stock packets and to process exercised Options.
Bachelor of Business Administration degree majoring in human resources, organizational development, or other related discipline and/or 10+ years related work experience in human resources management.
PREFERRED ABILITY to:
• Provide leadership for human resources strategic planning purposes.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
• Work well under pressure and maintain professionalism during stressful situation
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Manage a multi-task job and appropriately adjust priorities
• Acute attention to detail and ability to organize data
• Effective communication, both orally and in writing
• Take initiative to meet deadlines and to work with minimum supervision
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Proficient at MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) Moderate experience
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE of:
• Payroll administration
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.