Title: General Manager/ Site Leader
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Division: Advanced Sealing Technologies (AST) LeanTeq
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
The General Manager/Site Leader is responsible for supporting the start up and general management of the newest facility within the Advanced Sealing Technologies segment of Enpro Industries. This role provides the opportunity to build a new team at a new location, in one of our high growth businesses. You will establish sales goals and objectives for each quarter and create a strategy to meet these. This includes building (hiring) and leading the manufacturing site team to achieve business goals while also infusing the Enpro values and culture.
• Profit and Loss (P&L) responsibility for the site.
• Support the site identification process, the facility start-up process, including identifying staffing needs. Plan site activities, installation sequence, scope of work, etc.
• Hire top talent that is aligned with the Enpro culture.
• Develop sense of customer responsibility and urgency in all employees.
• Ensure alignment of the site's goals with the regional and global strategy of the division.
• Develop leadership skills in management and supervising staff to drive and increase team’s performance and increase productivity.
• Lead site safety for Enpro and its subcontractors; develop a site safety plan.
• Hold self and team accountable to safety culture, driving a safe workplace and environment.
• Allocate labor, recruit, train, and provide ongoing leadership to employees.
• Deliberately develop leaders, provide feedback on performance and means to improve. Develop high performance work teams.
• Learn and understand products and businesses for the Enpro LeanTeq business and broader Advanced Surface Technologies segment.
• Possess a general understanding of Enpro equipment installation.
• Establish and maintain communication tools and structure to ensure team understands and delivers on schedule targets.
• Ensure the development of production capacity to match customer demand.
• Provide feedback to production planning on cycle times and planning issues.
• Behaves responsibly and ethically in all matters presenting a high level of authenticity and engagement.
• Apply continuous improvement and lean methodology to site processes, productivity, and other areas of responsibility to exceed scorecard goals.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field required.
• 10 or more years of prior success in creating high-performing teams in a manufacturing environment.
• Previous knowledge of the semiconductor industry is preferred.
• A strong leader that will be able to help employees achieve their best.
• Deep understanding of the markets we operate in as well as those we are interested in pursuing.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with the company’s cross functional operations.
• Excellent communication, decision-making, and presentation skills.
• Ability to rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Have a strong understanding of Finance to execute the business plan.
• Ability to speak Mandarin is a plus.
• Must be able to travel internationally including spending time in Taiwan.
Enpro is a leading industrial technology company using material science to push boundaries in semiconductor, life sciences, and other technology-enabled sectors. We are a leader in sealing technologies, advanced surface technologies, and highly engineered materials. Our products and services are sold into more than 40 distinct end-markets that touch our lives every day – from food and pharmaceutical facilities to semiconductor clean rooms, from agricultural robots that help grow your food to last-mile technologies that deliver it to your doorstep, from commercial aviation to space exploration, and much more in between. Our commitment to innovation, quality, and value has propelled our brands to wide recognition and leading positions in their markets.
Enpro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.