Job Summary & Job Duties
The Senior CNC Programmer will coordinate activities to ensure the timely and cost-effective programming and manufacturing of high-quality products. These objectives will be achieved while promoting an environment of teamwork and continuous improvement through lean principles, high quality, and personal growth and development.
• Programs, operates and adjust CNC machines such as but not limited to lathes, mills, etc. in the production of complex parts, assembles, tools, jigs and fixtures.
• Performs complex set-ups for self and/others.
• Uses and interprets appropriate statistical quality data and can identify quality using said data.
• Uses appropriate shop math and trig to develop proper methods, and through experience and training can select appropriate feeds, speeds, tooling, and fixturing to most efficiently manufacture tight tolerance components.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of GD&T principles.
• Ensures quality and manufacturing metrics are established (yield & efficiencies).
• Identifies training needs and work with Supervisor to coordinate training for the department; in an organized and strategic fashion assuring flexibility, and maintaining a balanced and smooth product flow.
• Leads the process of continuous improvement by means of identifying cost reduction and yield improvement opportunities.
• Continually monitors outputs to optimize efficiency and minimize variances/discrepancies.
• Engages in the early stages of the NPI process for a smooth transition to production; including floor space requirements and staffing needs.
• Assures the availability of sufficient back up tooling as well as providing cross training within and outside the department to minimize downtime.
• Perform in process quality audits throughout the shift.
• Oversee inventory cycle counts and month-end closing through working with the shop coordinator to make the proper adjustments as required.
• Audit job documentation throughout the shift to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Contribute to team environment by focusing on core principles of safety, excellence and respect.
• Assist Product Engineers with process and equipment improvements.
• Learn and train on CMM equipment.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Years of Experience
• 10+ years’ experience
• Actual on-the-job experience in Machine Shop manufacturing area required.
• Must be able to read measuring instruments required to check product quality and blueprints using GD&T principles.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Computer literate, must be familiar with computer systems including, but not limited to, MS Office programs as well as business operating systems.
• Excellent leadership, communication, facilitation and training skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment across all disciplines.
• Effective written and communication skills.
• Experience with lean principles, project management, variances, and statistics preferred
• Must be analytical and experienced in problem-solving techniques.
• Formal training and/or certification in related manufacturing area preferred.
• Prior experience in a manufacturing environment with technical understanding preferred.
• Familiarity with business systems (ERP).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle and feel, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that are required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics/Enpro.
Technetics is a subsidiary of Enpro, a leading industrial technology company using material science to push boundaries in semiconductor, life sciences, and other technology-enabled sectors. We are a leader in sealing technologies, advanced surface technologies, and highly engineered materials. Our products and services are sold into more than 40 distinct end-markets that touch our lives every day – from food and pharmaceutical facilities to semiconductor clean rooms, from agricultural robots that help grow your food to last-mile technologies that deliver it to your doorstep, from commercial aviation to space exploration, and much more in between. Our commitment to innovation, quality, and value has propelled our brands to wide recognition and leading positions in their markets.
EnPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Legal authorization to work in the United States is required for this role.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.