Title: Experienced Manual Machinist - 1st Shift
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Division: Technetics Semi
Location: TNG SEMI - Daytona
Job Summary & Job Duties
Produce precision parts by use of manual equipment.
• Operates machine tools such as, but not limited to manual mills, lathes, saws etc. in production of complex parts, assemblies, tool jigs and fixtures.
• Works from drawings, sketches, or verbal instructions to produce work to close tolerances.
• Uses appropriate shop math and trig to develop proper methods, and through experience and training is able to select appropriate feeds, speeds, and tools.
• Performs complex set-ups of manual equipment safely and efficiently.
• Has thorough knowledge of use and application of inspection ad test tools and gauges to assure part conformance to drawing requirements.
• Has the ability to grind / shape high speed steels and carbide cutting tools as needed
• High school Diploma or GED is required.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a machine shop working with manual lathes, mills, and support equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her Supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.