Job Summary & Job Duties
For a full overview of the EDGE program, please read our brochure: ENPRO_EDGE_Brochure_2021.pdf
The Enpro Education, Development & Growth for Excellence (EDGE) program is designed to attract May 2022 college graduates with a Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Engineering. The program provides a significant level of depth and breadth of experience by providing two distinct developmental assignments across Enpro and its divisions.
Enpro Industries companies are known for our focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective. Recruiting, training, empowering and retaining exceptionally talented people enables our company to achieve exceptional performance.
Engineering Rotations May Include:
• Continuous Improvement (Lean Manufacturing)
• Research & Design
• Robotic Process Automation & Artificial Intelligence
Objectives of the Engineering Rotations:
The EDGE program is designed to help engineers gain the following experiences during their developmental assignments. Developmental assignments will be established to ensure that the participant is:
• Given significant and increasingly challenging professional responsibilities
• Exposed to at least two EnPro divisions
• Prepared to add value in all rotations, and subsequent positions at the program's completion
• Required to provide written performance assessments at the end of each assignment to ensure proper growth
• In addition, technical coaches, mentors, and managers will be responsible for assisting in the EDGE participants' technical and leadership development during the program
Exposure to Manufacturing Processes and Testing Laboratories:
The EDGE program will involve working in advanced manufacturing facilities with state-of-the-art test and measurement equipment, as well as research and testing laboratories. The EDGE participant will have the chance to learn from the existing processes and modify or create new ones.
Exposure to Engineering Excellence and Leadership:
The EDGE rotations will provide you an opportunity to enhance your skills in multiple technical areas. These rotations will also provide exposure to Enpro's division-based operations and engineering leaders.
The Rotational Program Focuses on the Development of a Core Set of Competencies:
• Cross-Functional Learning
• Project Management
• Machine Automation and Control
• Design for Commercialization
• Process Analysis and Optimization
• Root Cause Analysis
• A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with a GPA of 3.0 or above
• Strong commitment to a career in technology and a passion for engineering
• Co-op or internship experience in engineering
• Successful track record of challenging engineering and related courses
• Strong technical knowledge, mathematics skills, and problem-solving skills
• Must be self-directed and able to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
• Strong analytical, organization and communication skills
• Involvement in extracurricular organizations, groups, or sports is preferred
Enpro a leading industrial technology company using material science to push boundaries in semiconductor, life sciences, and other technology-enabled sectors. We are a leader in sealing technologies, advanced surface technologies, and highly engineered materials. Our products and services are sold into more than 40 distinct end-markets that touch our lives every day – from food and pharmaceutical facilities to semiconductor clean rooms, from agricultural robots that help grow your food to last-mile technologies that deliver it to your doorstep, from commercial aviation to space exploration, and much more in between. Our commitment to innovation, quality, and value has propelled our brands to wide recognition and leading positions in their markets.
Enpro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Legal authorization to work in the United States is required.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.