Title: EDGE Leadership Program Engineer
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Division: EnPro Corporate
Location: Rotates Every Year
Job Summary & Job DutiesThe EnPro Education, Development & Growth for Excellence (EDGE) program is designed to attract May 2021 college graduates with a Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Engineering (typical backgrounds include chemical, mechanical, industrial, and material science engineering). The program provides a significant level of depth and breadth of experience by providing three distinct developmental assignments across EnPro and its divisions. Each rotation lasts one year, and the locations and roles depend on our engineers' individual career interests and the business's needs. Roles are determined in the spring of each year prior to a summer rotation, so this role is great if you are flexible, a little adventurous, and enjoy change!
• Continuous Improvement (Lean Manufacturing)
• Research & Design
• Robotic Process Automation & Artificial Intelligence
Objectives of the Engineering Rotations:
The EDGE program is designed to help engineers gain the following experiences during their developmental assignments. Developmental assignments will be established to ensure that the participant is:
• Given significant and increasingly challenging professional responsibilities
• Exposed to at least two EnPro divisions
• Prepared to add value in all rotations, and subsequent positions at the program's completion
• Required to provide written performance assessments at the end of each assignment to ensure proper growth
• In addition, technical coaches, mentors, and managers will be responsible for assisting in the EDGE participants' technical and leadership development during the program
• Exposure to Manufacturing Processes and Testing Laboratories: The EDGE program will involve working in advanced manufacturing facilities with state-of-the-art test and measurement equipment, as well as research and testing laboratories. The EDGE participant will have the chance to learn from the existing processes and modify or create new ones.
• Exposure to Engineering Excellence and Leadership: The EDGE rotations will provide you an opportunity to enhance your skills in multiple technical areas. These rotations will also provide exposure to EnPro's division-based operations and engineering leaders.
• Cross-Functional Learning
• Project Management
• Machine Automation and Control
• Design for Commercialization
• Process Analysis and Optimization
• Root Cause Analysis
EnPro Industries companies are known for our focus on a Dual Bottom Line culture where we seek to enable the full release of human possibility through individual development while achieving strong financial returns. We invest in our employees and provide opportunities for them to make a difference while building a culture that reflects our core values of safety, excellence and respect. Each person has the opportunity to truly make an impact as an integral part of a collective. Recruiting, training, empowering and retaining exceptionally talented people enables our company to achieve exceptional performance.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with a GPA of 3.0 or above
• Strong commitment to a career in technology and a passion for engineering
• Co-op or internship experience in engineering
• Successful track record of challenging engineering and related courses
• Strong technical knowledge, mathematics skills, and problem-solving skills
• Must be self-directed and able to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
• Strong analytical, organization and communication skills
• Involvement in extracurricular organizations, groups, or sports is preferred
EnPro Industries is a leading provider of engineered industrial products for the processing and general manufacturing industries worldwide. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, the company operates in three segments. We are a leader in sealing technologies, metal polymer and filament wound bearings, components and service for reciprocating compressors, and other solutions that meet the needs of industries worldwide.
EnPro operates manufacturing facilities in North and South America, Europe and Asia; we employ approximately 4,000 people worldwide, and our products are sold to more than 50,000 customers in over 100 countries across the globe. End-users of EnPro's products include chemical and petrochemical companies, petroleum refiners, pulp and paper companies, food and pharmaceutical companies, truck and trailer manufacturers, freight lines and shipping companies, semiconductor manufacturers, utilities, and municipalities. Our commitment to innovation, quality and value has propelled our brands to wide recognition and leading positions in their markets.
EnPro Industries is an equal opportunity employer. Legal authorization to work in the United States is required.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.