Title: Sales Engineer II
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Division: Advanced Surface Tech Seg
Job Summary & Job Duties
The Director, New Business Development (OEM) supporting the Semiconductor market will be responsible for sales, marketing, strategy, and business development activities for a specific set of customers. This includes facilitating day-to-day customer activity, cross business unit interaction, and relationship management as well as working closely with our Innovation team to promote new products, capabilities, and services to this customer base. This position will support products and capabilities for Enpro’s Advanced Surface Technologies (AST) segment, which includes Technetics Semi, NxEdge, LeanTeq and Alluxa.
• Responsible for generating new business opportunities, developing effective working relationships across many different levels of the customer organization, and creating loyalty to ASTs’ Semiconductor business within several key Semiconductor Equipment OEMs.
• Will have customer responsibility and lead a team focused on New Business Development for select Semiconductor OEM customers.
• Utilize clear communication methods internally between our various operation sites (Daytona, FL; Boise, ID: Bay Area, CA; Singapore).
• Ability to build synergies across businesses within the Advanced Surface Technologies segment.
• Manage all sales activity within account base for all AST’s products, with a focus on innovation activities and significant time spent visiting or in contact with customers.
• Responsible for new application identification and serving as liaison between customer and applications/development engineering.
• Responsible for attaining aggressive revenue goals within account base.
• Responsible for customer interaction and relationship management within assigned account base to support growth and ensure service levels and customer satisfaction.
• Responsible for representing customer requests and perspectives to production, operations, quality, and management personnel to plan and execute proper “customer centric” support.
• Able to meet with key customers in order to understand key challenges and translate that into design outputs and customer offerings.
• Ability to interact with customer’s executive-level management, as well as customer engineering contacts.
• Ability to program manage projects with long-term qualification cycles (up to 12-18mths).
• Ability to develop and present customer related presentations (e.g. Quarterly Business Reviews) as well as develop and manage customer facing requirements such as capacity plans, inventory reports, sales tracking, etc.
• Embraces the authority and responsibility to collaborate with site resources to resolve problems at site level.
• Facilitator for both the customer and company interests; acts as an advocate for both.
• Work closely with various internal cross functional teams, as necessary, as well as available technical resources.
• Expected to keep up with activities related to the customer (Organization, Strategy, Key decision makers, Competition, Products, etc) as well as the semiconductor industry including the International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors (ITRS), Semi.org updates, and general market information.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in engineering
• Ten or more years in sales experience, primarily to the semiconductor market segment. Experience with major Semiconductor Fabs, Foundries or OEMs is desirable
• Understanding of the Commercial aspects of the Semiconductor industry
• Exceptional communication, both written and verbal, and organizational skills
• Self-motivated person
• Seeks responsibility, identifies problems, and recommends and implements solutions
• Fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Power Point, Excel and Word
• Ability to travel as needed, primarily domestically with some international travel
• Will manage one or two Sales Members as part of the team supporting our OEM New Business Development
EnPro Industries is an equal opportunity employer. Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. We will not sponsor employment visas now or in the future for this job.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.