The Data Solutions Architect is responsible for defining and implementing a data strategy and roadmap for the Sealing Technologies segment of Enpro, working closely with business domains to define policies and establish standards for modeling, structuring, naming, describing, securing, and formatting data. This role with work with business and IT leadership to define and document the data architecture for enterprise data assets. This role will lead efforts to implement a reference data and master data management strategy in close collaboration with Data & Performance team.
Safety: Embrace the values of the Enpro safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization’s safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
Respect: Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
Excellence: Promote the Sealing Technologies and Enpro culture around creating value and driving excellence in our organization by:
• Exhibit the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart
• Develop conceptual, logical, and physical data models with associated metadata including data lineage and technical data definitions based on business requirements and collaboration with lead enterprise data modeler
• Provide direction and guidance in the implementation of data warehouses, marts, cubes, lakes and universes to support analytic work product requirements
• Effectively work across team boundaries to establish data architecture and provide guidance to individual teams
• Work closely with the Data & Analytics team to design and develop end to end robust, scalable data ingestion pipelines and data platform architecture that will support the analytical, dashboarding, and reporting needs of the various business organizations.
• Launch and support new data models that provide intuitive analytics to internal customers
• Prototype new technologies and implement innovative solutions to enable teams to consume and understand data faster.
• Leverage business and domain acumen to interpret and translate business requirements to architecture/technology plans.
• Analyze and determine informational needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, proposed manipulation, data flow, storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities
• Define logical attributes and inter-relationships and designs data structures to accommodate database production, storage, maintenance, and accessibility
• Develop, implement, and support Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes in AWS Redshift environment to accommodate a wide variety of data sources and user needs
• Analyze the data stored in the data warehouse and make recommendations relating to the performance and efficiency of the stored data
• Support the greater Enpro data enterprise needs across all segments
• Facilitate monitoring and optimization of service performance
• Write, test, and validate queries and reports
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or similar
• Hands-on experience working in enterprise-scale data warehousing, data lake, and/or data engineering environments
• Ability to architect and build an end to end data platforms
• Strong understanding and experience building ELT/ETL solutions for both structured and unstructured data sets
• 2+ years of designing, implementing, and building pipelines (ETL) that deliver data with measurable quality under the SLA
• 2+ years of SQL (Snowflake, Oracle, AWS Redshift, Databricks, Hive/Hadoop etc.) experience is required
• Hands-on data modeling experience, especially dimensional data modeling
• Good understanding of core infrastructure components (servers, network, storage)
• Experience with Enterprise Data Governance, Big Data Solutions, Master data management, Data Privacy and Security, Machine Learning, and Data Pipeline Operations.
• Experience with building analytic solutions applicable to Operations, Sales, Finance, Product, and Marketing organizations in an enterprise.
• Experience implementing operational best practices such as monitoring, alerting, metadata management.
• Experience managing, measuring, improving data quality in a data warehouse.
• Strong virtual communication and collaboration skills including the ability to identify and communicate data-driven insights
• Master’s degree is preferred
• Knowledge of Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik or other Data visualization tools
• Familiarity with manufacturing
• Oracle based ERP system experience is a plus
Enpro is a leading provider of engineered industrial products for the processing and general manufacturing industries worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Sealing Products, Advanced Surface Technologies, and Engineered Materials.
Sealing Technologies-Safeguarding Critical Environments
Composed of Garlock, STEMCO, and Technetics Group, these businesses leverage a high degree of materials science application expertise, extensive proprietary knowledge, and deep customer relationships to create innovative sealing solutions complemented by value-added systems integration.
EnPro Industries is an equal opportunity employer. Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. We will not sponsor employment visas now or in the future for this job.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.