Title: CNC Machinist
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: STEMCO Kaiser
Job Summary & Job Duties
Job Title: CNC Operator
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Job Function: Operations
Job Code: Brand/Product Affiliation(s): Kaiser
Revision Date: 5/27/2022
Location: Millington, Michigan
Direct Reports: None
This individual will be responsible to operate both vertical & horizontal CNC equipment. May also be called upon to train other CNC team members in its safe setup and operation.
● Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization’s safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
● Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
● Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
● Run production as needed to meet customer demands.
● Assist in the creation of programs for lathes and mills with G & M code as needed.
● Work with the Engineering and Operations teams on new product development and processes.
● Initiate and recommend changes to improve processes and procedures to produce a quality part economically.
● Follow standard work procedures for all CNC equipment keeping a focus on Safety and Quality.
High School Diploma or GED
5-7 Years Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
● CNC Programming and operation experience with G & M codes, including 4th and 5th axis programming.
● Blueprint reading, SPC and use of precision measuring tools required.
● Analysis Skills utilizing 8D’s, fishbone diagrams, etc. for problem solving and continuous improvement
● Experience working as a member of a team.
● Communications-Oral and Written
● Judgment and Decision Making
● Lean Manufacturing Principles (5S, Process Control Plans, Standardized Work Instructions, etc.)
● Quality Management System experience preferred
● Previous supervisory/leadership experience preferred
Enpro is a leading provider of engineered industrial products for the processing and general manufacturing industries worldwide. The company operates in two segments: Sealing Products, Advanced Surface Technologies, and Engineered Materials.
Sealing Technologies-Safeguarding Critical Environments
Composed of Garlock, STEMCO, and Technetics Group, these businesses leverage a high degree of materials science application expertise, extensive proprietary knowledge, and deep customer relationships to create innovative sealing solutions complemented by value-added systems integration.
EnPro Industries is an equal opportunity employer. Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. We will not sponsor employment visas now or in the future for this job.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.