Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Division: Technetics Semi
Department: Supply Chain
Location: TNG SEMI - Daytona
Job Summary & Job Duties
The Buyer will be responsible for creating purchase order tracking systems, alerting management when orders have been filled and invoices from vendors have been issued, answering vendor questions and providing them with additional order documentation as needed. Working with supply chain team to identify and implement cost saving initiatives to support working capital.
• Tracks supplier performance; including supplier delivery, quality, lead-time and competitive performance.
• Assists Supply Chain Manager with analysis and management of suppliers and material markets for risk mitigation, alternative options and opportunities.
• Utilizes ERP reports daily to maintain PO data accuracy using exception reporting, late deliveries, unconfirmed POs and other data as deemed necessary to ensure consistent data integrity.
• Coordinates outside processes with manufacturing and sales to ensure our customer needs are met.
• Assists Finance department with supplier invoice resolution and inventory drivers / metrics: DSI, RM, FG and WIP.
• Continuously looks for ways to incorporate kaizen practices into the supply chain process; especially implementing supplier programs to maximize availability of supplies while minimizing inventory levels and cost of goods.
• Maintains standardized work procedures for supply chain department.
• Performs any other assigned duty or clerical duty as directed by management.
• Potential minimal travel may be required.
• Actively participates in Safety Committee and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Provide backup/assistance for other department members
• Some experience in all Microsoft Office applications, inventory / manufacturing software, such as MRP and/or Macola preferred.
• Ability to interpret blueprints and technical specifications is helpful, but not required
• ISM or APICS professional certification is not required but is preferred.
• 1-2 years procurement experience in a manufacturing environment required
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or Business required or equivalent experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her Supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.