Title: Test Engineer
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Location: GGB Thorofare
Job Summary & Job Duties
Supports product development by providing reliable data to describe key properties of bearing materials.
• Operate (Tribological) Test rigs to describe properties (performance) of products.
• Support lab capacity and project test schedule planning
• Rig maintenance and calibration, test sample preparation and other related activities to perform tests, generating repeatable meaningful data on reliable rigs
• Understand and describe material and tribological failure mechanism of tested products
• Data evaluation and analysis of test results, validation, application of statistical tools and generating meaningful technical visuals for communication
• Development, use, and maintenance of digital tools and practices in ATR, such as test database, Lab management software and data evaluation, and global product definition.
• Improve and develop test rig and test rig modification as needed
• Collaboration with operations, quality, support departments, and other business units
• Benchmarking and global ATR Support
• Ability to work within virtual global team settings
• Global network database
• Willing to contribute, challenge and be challenged in a team environment
• B.S. or M.S. in a related Engineering/Technology field required
• Experience in mechanical/technical environment, demonstrate hands-on skills
• Background in tribology or related field preferred, but not required
• Must possess excellent problem solving and verbal communication skills
• Excellent skills in use of current software (MS Office Package, SolidWorks, Minitab, MatLab)
GGB is a subsidiary of EnPro, a leading industrial technology company using material science to push boundaries in semiconductor, life sciences, and other technology-enabled sectors. We are a leader in sealing technologies, advanced surface technologies, and highly engineered materials. Our products and services are sold into more than 40 distinct end-markets that touch our lives every day – from food and pharmaceutical facilities to semiconductor clean rooms, from agricultural robots that help grow your food to last-mile technologies that deliver it to your doorstep, from commercial aviation to space exploration, and much more in between. Our commitment to innovation, quality, and value has propelled our brands to wide recognition and leading positions in their markets.
EnPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.