Title: 2nd Shift Team Lead
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Division: Technetics Semi
Location: TNG SEMI - Daytona
Job Summary & Job Duties
Operates a wide variety of machines and equipment to weld, inspect and manufacture complex assemblies used in the semi-conductor and aerospace industries. Acts as liaison between Operations Manager/Planning and the shop floor ensuring that production flow is maintained to meet planned ship dates.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following.
• Coordinates work for specified cell; communicating customer ship date to obtain on time delivery.
• Provides leadership within specified cell in all aspects of daily production, keeping management informed of any issues that may affect efficiency and/or effectiveness.
• Coordinates cell production flow including workstation staffing and prioritization.
• Ensures work areas and equipment are kept clean and well maintained by coordinating crew.
• Initiate/Interact with site maintenance to ensure equipment and facility is functioning properly to support production.
• Reads and interprets routine assembly and detailed drawings; uses basic mathematics skills to meet production requirements
• Collects quality data and evaluates data to ensure production requirements are met
• Assists with learning and development of newer team members
• Identifies quality problems as they occur and makes appropriate corrections or engage the appropriate staff
• Performs routine and regular preventative maintenance on various machines as prescribed
• Identifies machine performance problems and engage appropriate staff
• Performs other duties as requested by management and in compliance with the CBA
Education and/or Experience
• High School Diploma or GED is required
Other Skills and Abilities
• Minimum of one year working within the relevant functional area. Can be waived with level 3 job qualification in functional area or equivalent job knowledge at the hiring manager’s discretion.
Formal training and/or certification in related manufacturing area highly preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle and feel, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her Supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.