JOB SUMMARY: This CNC programmer will write new programs, or edit existing programs, perform set up and operate CNC machines as needed to validate programs, tooling and fixturing.
• Programs, operates and adjusts CNC machines such as, but not limited to, mills and lathes in production of complex parts, assemblies, tool jigs and fixtures
• Works from drawings, sketches, or verbal instructions to produce work to close tolerances
• Uses appropriate shop math and trig to develop proper methods, and through experience and training is able to select appropriate feeds, speeds, and tools
• Performs complex set-ups for self and/or others
• Has thorough knowledge of use and application of inspection and test tools and gages to assure part conformance to drawing requirements
• Will eventually use and interpret appropriate statistical quality data and is able to identify quality problems through the use of data
• High school diploma, enrolled in or graduated from technical school education
WILL EVENTUALLY HAVE:
• Knowledge of speeds and feeds, as well as, appropriate types of cutting tools for different applications, with a continuous improvement mindset
• Ability to fully program multi axis machinery, using software or manually at the machine control panel
• Ability to read and interpret drawings
• Expertise in in multiple machine tools, e.g., CNC complex or multi-axis Lathe, CNC complex or multi-axis Mill
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle and feel material, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group
GLOBAL PERFORMANCE: Nearly half of annual sales are generated in markets outside the U.S.